December 11, 2017 Edition
After nineteen years as director of production and fulfillment for InterVarsity Press, Anne Gerth will be retiring on December 8, 2017. Gerth’s work will be picked up by Ben McCoy, IVP’s current production manager and managing editor, and by Terumi Echols, who has been hired as director of finance and fulfillment operations, a combination of two roles vacated by retirement over the past fifteen months.Read More...
WaterBrook and Multnomah announce the promotion of Andrew Stoddard to the newly created position of Lead Acquisitions Editor, effective immediately. He will report to Laura Barker, Vice President and Editorial Director for WaterBrook and Multnomah.Read More...
Thomas Nelson and Zondervan announced today that more than five million combined Bible Plans from Thomas Nelson and Zondervan have been completed through the YouVersion Bible App. In just over three years, the two publishing groups, who are both a part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, have created more than 150 scriptural and devotional Bible Plans with an average of 7,000 being completed per day.Read More...
Bible Gateway interviews Randall Price, co-author of “Zondervan Handbook of Biblical Archaeology”
Archaeology uncovers buried civilizations. What does this contribute to our understanding of the Bible written so long ago by so many different people in so many different cultures? Bible Gateway interviewed J. Randall Price, who, along with H. Wayne House, is the author of Zondervan Handbook of Biblical Archaeology (Zondervan, 2017).
Bible Gateway interviews Krish Kandiah, author of “God Is Stranger”
God is called Father, Lord, Friend, and Savior. But when we delve into the perplexing bits of Scripture, we discover God cannot be pinned down, explained, or predicted. Is it possible that we’ve missed the Bible’s consistent teaching that God is other, higher, stranger? Bible Gateway interviewed Krish Kandiah (@krishk) about his book, God Is Stranger: Finding God in Unexpected Places (InterVarsity Press, 2017).
Pastor O.S. Hawkins joins Jesus Calling podcast to discuss his new books
President and CEO of Guidestone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention, O. S. Hawkins joins Jesus Calling podcast to talk about his journey to becoming a pastor and a writer, and also about his new books, The Believer’s Code and The Christmas Code (Thomas Nelson).
More at jesuscalling.com/podcast
LifeWay Global is proud to announce that it has acquired publishing rights to the Nueva Versión Internacional (NVI), signing a 10-year contract with the International Bible Society - Biblica. The contract allows LifeWay’s Spanish Bible publishing imprint, Biblias Holman, to begin publishing NVI text and specialty Bibles beginning in July 2018.Read More...
Zondervan is pleased to announce the release of the fifth edition of the "Zondervan Handbook to the Bible," a full-color guide to all the books of the Bible with over 3 million copies in print in 30 languages.Read More...
As a wife to a Major League Baseball coach and mother to three grown boys, Billie’s life is very full—but she learned that making room for her relationship with Christ and leading others to do so, even within the MLB community, is her greatest joy. In “Making Room: Doing Less So God Can Do More” (New Hope Publishers), Billie shares her discoveries and helps each of us dig deeper toward a refreshed and renewed faith.Read More...
- Karen Kingsbury's new book in adult hardcover fiction Top 25 bestsellers
- CT: The Story of the ESV Illuminated Bible
- Christian Market interviews Byron Williamson, CEO of Worthy Media & ECPA board chair
- 2018 Canadian Word Awards Open for Submissions
- Died: ‘God’s Smuggler’ and ‘The Cross and the Switchblade’ Coauthor John Sherrill
- Died: Harry Blamires, the C. S. Lewis Protégé Who Rediscovered ‘The Christian Mind’
- Why Curation Is Essential to Book Publishing in Digital Times
- 2017 Printing Impressions 400 Printers List Reveals Key Industry Trends
- Bookwire Partners with HarperCollins Ibérica; US Libraries Seek Non-English Content
- UNESCO and IEA Release New 5-Year International Literacy Report: Boys Lagging Girls
- Bookish announces their favorite book covers of 2017
- Women and Emerging Authors Dominate Nominees for “Book of the Month” Lolly Book of the Year Award