Thirteen titles across eight categories honored as finalists
(Nashville, Tenn.) May 6, 2022 — HarperCollins Christian Publishing (HCCP) congratulates its authors and publishing teams who were honored with six 2022 Christian Book Awards. These awards are presented annually by the Evangelical Christian Publishing Association (ECPA) and honor the “best of the year” in Christian books and Bibles. This year marked the first in-person awards ceremony since 2020 and was held on May 3, 2022, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The six winning titles from HCCP are:
- Bible Reference Work – A Theology of Paul and His Letters: The Gift of the New Realm in Christ by Douglas J. Moo – (Zondervan Academic)
- Children – Where’d My Giggle Go? by Max Lucado, illustrated by Sarah Jennings (Tommy Nelson)
- Faith and Culture – How to Fight Racism: Courageous Christianity and the Journey Toward Racial Justice by Jemar Tisby – (Zondervan Reflective)
- Ministry Resources – Emotionally Healthy Discipleship: Moving from Shallow Christianity to Deep Transformation by Peter Scazzero – (Zondervan Reflective)
- New Author – Becoming All Things: How Small Changes Lead to Lasting Connections Across Cultures by Michelle Ami Reyes – (Zondervan Reflective)
- Young People’s Literature – Roar Like a Lion: 90 Devotions to a Courageous Faith by Levi Lusko, illustrated by Catherine Pearson – (Tommy Nelson)
In addition to the award-winners, the company had 13 titles named finalists across eight categories.
The 13 HCCP finalists are:
- Bibles – NIV Grace and Truth Study Bible, General Editor, Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. – (Zondervan)
- Bibles – NIV Radiant Virtues Bible: A Beautiful Word Collection – (Zondervan)
- Bibles – NRSVCE Illustrated Catholic Bible – (Catholic Bible Press)
- Bible Reference Works – Old Testament Use of Old Testament: A Book-by-Book Guide by Gary Edward Schnittjer – (Zondervan Academic)
- Bible Study – Beautiful Word: Revelation Study Guide by Margaret Feinberg – (HarperChristian Resources)
- Bible Study – Forgiving What You Can’t Forget Study Guide by Lysa TerKeurst – (HarperChristian Resources)
- Children – Indescribable for Little Ones by Louie Giglio, illustrated by Nicola Anderson – (Tommy Nelson)
- Children – Near by Sally Lloyd-Jones, illustrated by Jago – (Zonderkidz)
- Christian Living – When Strivings Cease: Replacing the Gospel of Self-Improvement with the Gospel of Life-Transforming Grace by Ruth Chou Simons – (Thomas Nelson)
- Devotion and Gift – Seeing Beautiful Again: 50 Devotions to Find Redemption in Every Part of Your Story by Lysa TerKeurst – (Thomas Nelson)
- Ministry Resources – Urban Apologetics: Restoring Black Dignity with the Gospel, General Editor, Eric Mason – (Zondervan Reflective)
- Young People’s Literature – Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition): Living Above Anxiety and Loneliness by Max Lucado and Andrea Lucado – (Tommy Nelson)
- Young People’s Literature – Everybody, Always for Kids by Bob Goff and Lindsey Goff Viducic, illustrated by Diane Le Feyer – (Tommy Nelson)
Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HCCP commented, “Since 1978, the ECPA Christian Book Awards have served as a hallmark of excellence for Christian books and Bibles. After two years of unprecedented challenges from shutdowns to supply chain issues, it is a testament to the resilience of our teams and authors to have 19 books recognized in the 2022 Christian Book Awards. Congratulations to our authors and publishing teams. This recognition is well-deserved!”
For more information on this year’s winners and finalists please click here.
HarperCollins Christian Publishing
The world’s leading Christian publisher, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc. comprises the Thomas Nelson, Zondervan and HarperChristian Resources publishing groups and imprints, BibleGateway.com, FaithGateway.com, StudyGateway.com and ChurchSource.com. The Company produces bestselling Bibles, inspirational books, academic resources, curriculum, audio and digital content for the Christian market space. Bible Gateway is the world’s largest Christian website with more than 29 million unique visitors each month. HarperCollins Christian Publishing is headquartered in Nashville, Tenn. with additional offices in the U.S. and Mexico. For more information visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com.
Chelsea Taff, Manager, Corporate Communications, 615.902.2137, Chelsea.Taff@HarperCollins.com