June 27, 2022 Edition
There will not be a Rush to Press edition next week in honor of Independence Day.
Baker Publishing Group is pleased to announce that they have signed a distribution services agreement with John Wiley & Sons. Effective September 1, 2022, Wiley will distribute Baker Publishing Group titles throughout the United Kingdom and Europe, taking over from Macmillan Distribution.Read More...
Early bird registration for ECPA C-Suite Symposium expires on August 5
The annual ECPA C-Suite Symposium will be held September 25-27 in Savannah, Georgia for the C-level staff in ECPA member companies. Early bird registration is open until August 5. Full information on speakers, program, and registration is at ECPACSuite.org.
Christianity Today is calling for submissions for the 2023 Christianity Today Book Awards. To be eligible for nomination, a book must be published between November 1, 2021 and October 31, 2022.Read More...
MAI to present webinar discussion with ECPA president Jeff Crosby
In this webinar on July 19, Jeff Crosby will share personal stories and insights drawn from his four decades of experience that will help you pursue what Eugene Peterson called a “long obedience” in your work with Christian literature, regardless of the particular space you occupy. He will offer practical suggestions and take-aways for staying fresh, relevant and effective as both an individual and an organizational leader.
A bonus one-day Digital Journalism workshop following the Crisis Publishing Initiative Conference this week will focus on using digital means to communicate before, during, and after crises.Read More...
Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, is pleased to welcome Grace P. Cho to its editorial team. Grace will serve as Senior Editor.Read More...
The Christian Authors Network (CAN), which serves traditionally published authors, has a new president—Susan Neal RN, MBA, MHS. She is also the Director of the Christian Indie Publishing Association.Read More...
The Good Book Company (TGBC) is pleased to announce that “Truth For Life: 365 Daily Devotions” by Alistair Begg has surpassed 100,000 units in print sales (The Good Book Company, November 2021.) A second volume of “Truth For Life” will release in October 2022.Read More...
On May 19, the Spanish Evangelical Publishers Association (SEPA), announced the winners of the 2022 SEPA Awards 2022. At the ceremony held in Miami within the Expolit 2022 convention, publishers, distributors, and colleagues in the industry met.Read More...
Kregel Publications is excited to celebrate three winners for the Foreword INDIES Awards for 2021. “Roots of Wood and Stone” by Amanda Wen won Gold in the Religious Fiction category, “Husband Auditions” by Angela Ruth Strong won Silver in the General Romance category, and “The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady” by Sharon J. Mondragón won Bronze in the Religious Fiction category.Read More...
Iron Stream Media is thrilled to have received eight awards at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference. Awards included five Selah Awards, a Director’s Choice Award, the Yvonne Lehman Award, and a Foundations Award for a book releasing in Feb 2023.Read More...
The team at Mountain Brook Ink is happy to announce two Carol Award finalists in the following categories: “Rain” by Dana McNeely finals for Historical Fiction (Biblical), and “Driven” by Sara Davison finals in Romantic Suspense.Read More...
Holman Bibles announces the CSB Experiencing God Bible will release August 2022 with Dr. Richard Blackaby (son of Dr. Henry Blackaby) as General Editor. This completely revised study Bible combines content from Henry Blackaby’s multi-million selling “Experiencing God” book and Bible study with a full Bible text.Read More...
Thomas Nelson authors featured in Jesus Calling Podcast
Author Janine Urbaniak Reid recently joined the Jesus Calling Podcast to share how God’s grace powered her through her son Mason’s cancer battle. Reid’s book, “The Opposite of Certainty,” is available from Thomas Nelson.
Author and small business owner Megan Smalley recently joined the Jesus Calling Podcast to share her arduous journey to reach her dream of having children. Smalley’s book, “Give Grace,” is available from Thomas Nelson.
- Court Declares Maryland's Library E-book Law Unconstitutional
- Publishers to Seek Summary Judgment in Book Scanning Lawsuit
- HarperCollins Children’s Books launches Allida, a new imprint at Clarion Books
- New Report Assesses Global Trends in Digital Book Sales
- Print Book Sales Declined 5% Last Week
- Bookstore Sales Up 31.6% in April; Up 19.4% for Year to Date
- After 'Security Incident,' Macmillan Closes, Will Not Process Orders
- NPD: Top 25 U.S. Book Licenses
- NYT: Inside the Push to Diversify the Book Business
- Announcing the 2021 Foreword INDIES Winners
- Children’s Institute 10 Celebrates Community
- Pandemic effects on copyright issues discussed at WIPO meeting
- Indie bookstore boom turns page to a more diverse America
- Publishers defend sensitivity readers as vital tool following author criticism
- Authors protest Amazon's e-book policy allowing users to read and return
- On Canada’s National Indigenous Peoples Day: Book Data
- Spotify Completes Findaway Purchase
- Paper Industry in Transition as Printers Face Shortages
- The environmental charter for book publishing
- Amazon to start drone deliveries this year in California