December 3, 2018 Edition
Alive Literary Agency today announced its Founder and CEO Rick Christian is stepping down March 1 after 30 years, and that an internal sale of the agency has been executed with its President Bryan Norman and Executive VP Lisa Jackson.Read More...
LSC Communications and The United Church of Canada announced today that they have signed a new multi-year book fulfillment and distribution agreement. As part of the relationship, LSC will provide a range of distribution services for the United Church of Canada from LSC’s Newmarket, Ontario location.Read More...
ECPA welcomes new members
- THE AGUSTIN AGENCY: The Agustin Agency is a literary agency, representing authors with inspirational content.
- APRICOT SERVICES: Specializing in customized digital campaigns including content strategy, author branding and platform advancement, launch team management, social media ad ideation and execution.
- BIG DREAM MINISTRIES: Big Dream Ministries equips disciples of Jesus Christ through dynamic Bible studies, interactive resources, and engaging teaching.
- DAYSPRING: Connecting people with the heart of God through messages of hope and encouragement every day, everywhere through gift books, devotionals, and children’s books.
- LANGHAM PUBLISHING: Publishing academic evangelical books for, and by, Majority World preachers and scholars, making it possible for Majority World voices – voices from outside the West – to be heard worldwide.
- LIVING ON THE EDGE: The ministry of pastor and author Chip Ingram creates Biblical teaching and tools that challenge and equip spiritually hungry Christians all over the world to become mature disciples of Jesus.
- SALEM BOOKS: Salem Books is the faith imprint of Regnery Publishing, to enrich the lives of Christians and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus to the world through the written word.
- WRITING FOR YOUR LIFE: Writing for Your Life is committed to offering a comprehensive set of useful resources and services to support spiritual writers.
InterVarsity Press is pleased to announce that Library Journal selected “Birthing Hope” by Rachel Marie Stone for its 2018 Best Books list. In place of the top ten best books list that Library Journal has traditionally released, this year editors sifted through thousands of books that were published in 2018 and put together a larger and more diverse mix of titles across twenty categories, with 188 titles recognized.Read More...
Christianbook.com president and employees featured in Jesus Calling podcast
Ray Hendrickson, president of Christianbook.com, and his employees share about the impact of Jesus Calling on their lives and the lives of their customers on a new episode of Jesus Calling Stories of Faith. Check out the video on Facebook.
Bible Gateway interviews Max Anders, author of “30 Days to Understanding the Bible”
When considering the Bible, do you confuse the ark of the covenant with the ark of Noah? Or mix up Jericho with Jeroboam? Do you think Sodom and Gomorrah were husband and wife? Do you know how the Old Testament is different from the New Testament, but how they tell the same story? Do you get uncomfortably nervous when you’re asked in a group to look up a verse in the book of Zephaniah? Bible Gateway interviewed Max Anders (@indianamax) about his book, 30 Days to Understanding the Bible: Unlock the Scriptures in 15 Minutes a Day (Thomas Nelson, 2018).
Bible Gateway interviews Denise Hughes, general editor of the “CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible”
How does the Bible point readers to beauty found in brokenness and hope found in hard places? What would it mean to trace themes such as togetherness, grace, everyday leadership, friendship, hospitality, gratitude, and more through the pages of Scripture? Bible Gateway interviewed Denise Hughes (@DeniseJHughes), general editor of the CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible (Holman Bible Publishers, 2018).
Star of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the current Trading Spaces reboot, Ty Pennington, has inked a one-book contract with Zondervan. "Life to the Extreme: How a Chaotic Kid Became America’s Favorite Carpenter," written with Travis Thrasher, will release in May 2019.Read More...
- Using NetGalley: Free ECPA member webinar on Dec. 13
- Writing from the Middle: PW Talks to Lysa TerKeurst
- Religion Book Deals: FaithWords Signs a Debut for Moms
- Religion Book Deals: An Abridged Bible for Discovery House
- Religion and Spirituality Books Preview: December 2018
- Stan Jantz interviewed on Christian Publishing Show podcast
- Publishers, Booksellers Keeping Close Tabs on Holiday Book Availability
- What big data can tell us about how a book becomes a best-seller
- At FutureBook Live, Exploring ‘New Platforms, New Ways of Storytelling’
- PubTechConnect panel explores how publishers are using social media stars to expand their digital marketing efforts