July 16, 2018 Edition
Tyndale House Publishers has announced Cover Expressions, an innovative Bible program that will afford consumers the ability to create customized Bible covers to celebrate life’s most important events.Read More...
After 34 years at Zondervan, Bob Hudson, senior editor-at-large, has announced his plan to retire, effective September 28, 2018.Read More...
Zondervan announced today that Jessica Westra will join the Zonderkidz publishing division as the new publicity director.Read More...
NPD’s Kristen McLean to present in PubU opening session
Kristen McLean’s annual sessions at the ECPA Leadership Summit, presenting the latest consumer data, retail trends, and opportunities for publishers, is highly anticipated and valued by industry executives. Now for the first time, ECPA PubU attendees will hear directly from NPD — in the event’s opening session on November 6 — on the most recent data and opportunities about the readers they want to reach through their roles in editorial, marketing, design, rights, data, production, and reader engagement. The event’s closing session on November 7 will be led by author and StoryBrand CEO Donald Miller, who will present “How StoryBrand Inspires Publishers and Writers.” ECPA’s PubU for the Christian publishing professional will be held November 6-7, 2018 at Lipscomb University in Nashville.
Early bird registration is now open at ECPAPubU.org
Submission deadline nears for industry's book cover award for books and Bibles
Submissions to the Top Shelf Book Cover Award program will be accepted until August 31. ECPA created the Top Shelf Book Cover Awards to celebrate the year’s best book designs in Christian publishing. Covers are judged by top designers in the industry for their merits in appropriateness for the market, level of conceptual thinking, and quality of execution. Top Shelf winners are officially announced and presented with an award at ECPA’s annual PubU, held November 6-7 in Nashville.
Crossway is pleased to announce that Jen Wilkin’s book "None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different from Us (and Why That’s a Good Thing)" (Crossway, April 2016) has surpassed 100,000 units in print sales.Read More...
Getting real with Sadie Robertson on Jesus Calling podcast
Sadie Robertson has appeared on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars and also A&E’s Duck Dynasty. Sadie recently joined the Jesus Calling Facebook LIVE broadcast as well as InstagramTV (IGTV) to share her journey of finding freedom through being real and vulnerable to God and to others. Her book Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion & Purpose (Thomas Nelson; February 2018) is now available. More at facebook.com/JesusCalling.
Candace Cameron Bure joins Jesus Calling podcast: Practice kindness daily
Candace Cameron Bure recently joined the Jesus Calling podcast to talk about her book, Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously (Zondervan; April 2018). Bure explains how she tries to show graciousness in her daily life by seeking ways to show little kindnesses to the people around her – even if only through a smile.
More at facebook.com/JesusCalling.
Kristin Fry encourages single women to honor and respect themselves in dating
Author and speaker Kristin Fry knows the challenges of being a single Christian woman. She recently joined the Jesus Calling podcast to give her perspective on how to date with compassion and integrity — never forgetting that despite our marital status — God has chosen us for His purposes and loves us just as we are. Kristin also shared information about her latest book, Beyond the Swipe: Honoring God, Respecting Yourself, and Finding the Right Match (Kregel Publications; April 2018). More at facebook.com/JesusCalling.
Bible Gateway interviews Katie Reid, author of “Made Like Martha”
What does it mean for overachieving women to rest as God’s daughters without compromising their God-given design as doers? Are you a to-do-list-checker like Martha in the Bible who wants hope-filled freedom without abandoning your doer’s heart in the process? Bible Gateway interviewed Katie Reid (@Katie_M_Reid) about her book, Made Like Martha: Good News for the Woman Who Gets Things Done (WaterBrook, 2018).
Bible Gateway interviews Brian Hardin, author of “Sneezing Jesus”
The Bible says Jesus was fully human and fully divine. If sin caused humanity to become less than God originally created it to be, how does Jesus’ life demonstrate what normal humanity is supposed to look like? Bible Gateway interviewed Brian Hardin (@realbrianhardin) about his book, Sneezing Jesus: The Infectious Allure of the Human God (NavPress, 2017).
Christian rapper invites parents and caregivers to celebrate ethnic diversity in new children’s book
In today’s racially-charged culture, the sins of racism, bigotry, and ethnic pride have manifested themselves in more ways than one, distorting God’s purposeful design of ethnic diversity. Both historically and in the present day, children have learned these social sins from family members, media, or peers.Read More...
- UNITE 2018: CBA, Investor Team Up to Revitalize Industry
- Regnery Rebrands, Expands Its Faith Imprint
- Whitefire Publishing Acquires Ashberry Lane
- Call for Nominations for the 2019 Christian Indie Awards
- Religion Book Deals: July 12, 2018
- June Religion Bestsellers: Self-Help Continues to Reign; Kingsbury Tops
- NPD 2018: Religion has 50% decline in adult fiction categories due to big sales of "The Shack" last year with film release; Cooking and Sci-Fi hot print segments
- PW: Fall 2018 Announcements: Religion & Spirituality (subscription)
- Barna’s State of the Bible 2018: Seven Top Findings
- NPD: The Bestselling Books of 2018 (So Far)
- Equity firm buys one of the largest independent publishers and distributors of audiobooks
- ReaderLink Reorganizes its Executive Ranks
- BISG Thought Leader: Future of Publishing: Challenges and Opportunities for Publishers
- The latest trends in books, ebooks, and audiobooks - InfoToday
- How audiobooks can take on Netflix
- 10 innovations in children’s books that kids actually care about
- Films based on books take 44% more at the box office
- The International Publishers Association at WIPO: Drawing a Line at Copyright Exceptions
- Authors' fury at website offering free book downloads
- Penguin Random House UK strikes two-year partnership with National Literacy Trust