November 17, 2023, WHEATON, Ill.—Crossway is pleased to announce that eleven cover designs were awarded an ECPA Top Shelf Book Cover Award for design excellence at the ECPA PubU Online event on November 10, 2023.
The Biggest Story Curriculum: Box Set (June 2023), designed by Don Clark of Invisible Creature, was named a winner in the Children’s category.
The ESV Church History Study Bible, designed by Jordan Singer, and the ESV Single Column Journaling Bible, Artist Series, designed by Matt Stevens, each won in the Bible category.
Eight Crossway covers earned distinction in the nonfiction category:
- A Christian’s Guide to Mental Illness by David Murray and Tom Karel Jr., designed by Spencer Fuller, Faceout Studio
- All That Jesus Commanded by John Piper, designed by Jordan Singer
- Beauty Is Your Destiny by Philip Ryken, designed by Tim Green
- Friendship with God by Mike McKinley, designed by Spencer Fuller, Faceout Studio
- Impossible Christianity by Kevin DeYoung, designed by Jordan Singer
- Remaking the World by Andrew Wilson, designed by Jordan Eskovitz
- Short of Glory by Mitchell L. Chase, designed by Tim Green
- The Upside Down Kingdom by Chris Castaldo, designed by Jordan Singer
“We are grateful for the way ECPA recognizes the value of design and celebrates creative excellence across our industry,” says Dan Farrell, Crossway’s vice president of creative. “These awards provide a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge the good work of many talented designers. Congratulations to all who were honored this year.”
In all, the 2023 Top Shelf Awards named forty-one winners in four categories. More information about each of the winners can be found at TopShelfAward.org/winners.
Founded in 1938, Crossway is a not-for-profit global Christian publishing ministry that publishes gospel-centered, Bible-based content to honor our Savior and serve his church. Crossway seeks to help people understand the all-encompassing implications of the gospel and the truth of God’s word—for all of life, for all eternity, and for the glory of God alone. Crossway is the global publisher of the ESV® (English Standard Version®) Bible, more than 1,000 Christian books, and an extensive list of gospel literature. For additional information, visit crossway.org.